Sunday, January 6, 2013

The Test Before the Test

A few days ago, Friday, I had my first formal job interview out of college. I showed up several minutes early to make sure I didn't get lost or make a fool of myself; however, after walking through the double doors, I was greeted with a puzzle that I'm sure was the first step of my interview. There was no receptionist, just a desk and a telephone. There was no one else in the room but a glass wall and two locked doors behind the desk so I knew that I was to solve this riddle if I wanted to make it to my interview on time. They gave a list of extension numbers to contact directly whoever it was you were supposed to meet, however dialing any numbers resulted in a busy tone. After a couple frustrated attempts at dialing I noticed the all-watching eye in the ceiling corner, surely recording the embarrassment I was making of myself. Fortunately I was able to flag someone down that was able to give me the secret code to dial the right number. After the rough start, the rest of the interview was a breeze and went by pretty smoothly. And now we play the waiting game...

2 comments:

  1. I wonder if they did that on purpose or not haha

    ReplyDelete
  2. I heard that when you're in an interview, people will go out to your car to see if you're sloppy or if they can notice any other habits of yours. #employeestalking

    ReplyDelete