Saturday, January 19, 2013

Mitch Hedberg, the Preacher

It is well known that Mitch Hedberg was an excellent comedian; he always came up with the funniest observations about life. However, little did I know that he was also a preacher, whose philosophies transcend time and space. Here is what happened to me the other day:

Late one night, Krista and I made a trek to CVS Pharmacy. She is basically coughing her lungs out due to some sickness (that I can only hope I don't contract as well), so she finally caved and decided to get some drugs. We found the 'sick' aisle, and it didn't take long to realize that there are a bajillion different kinds of cold and flu and sore throat medications. Since it was going to take some time to decided, we sat down on the comfy, carpeted aisle and compared ingredients. 
All of the sudden, we were rudely interrupted by a staff member of CVS, telling us that we can't sit on the floor because we were a fire hazard, since apparently somebody could trip over us if huge flames suddenly engulfed the poor pharmacy.  All I could think of was Mitch: "As if there was a fire, I wasn't going to move. If you are flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a fire exit."
If one of the 5 total people in the store tripped over me during a raging fire in CVS at 11pm, they probably shouldn't have made it out anyways.

4 comments:

  1. Dude! I have been patiently waiting for someone to tell me i was blocking a fire exit and whip out mitch hedberg, did you say it? what'd she say back?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I did say it! I was like; "As if there was a fire, I wasn't going to move." And she just snarled at me. It got kinda awkward later when she was the cashier that had to check us out. haha.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha this happened to me too quite awhile ago at the Pavillion. Apparently you're not allowed to just stand behind the railing above the stairs to the seats. There's 30 yards of space, I think there's room.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Also I think it has something to do with how people like to use the power they "have" because of some job position

    ReplyDelete