Sunday, January 6, 2013

How the Pho Do You Pronounce That???

I tried "pho" for the first time today. For those of you who don't know, it is a Vietnamese dish of noodles and beef and a bunch of other little ingredients in broth. As a matter of fact, it is a lot like soup. Now, the fun thing about pho is that it is ACTUALLY PRONOUNCED "fuh." Some of you may be thinking: "What the pho??? That's so weird!" I know, right!?! This is probably my favorite part about the dish, since things can get pretty funny and punny, or should I say 'phonny' haha. So, in summary, I tried pho today, and it was phokin' delicious. I drove to the place with Krista and her Vietnamese friend Joe, who is a pretty phonny guy. Overall, it was a phon experience, and I'm glad that I'm more culinarily cultured now.
P.S. There is a Vietnamese place in Davis called: "Pho King." I'm not quite sure if they thought this through when they named the place, but it is genius. It is pho king genius. haha

2 comments:

  1. what the pho? Who names their place pho king without knowing what it sounds like? Should have been the Phoking Pho King haha

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahaha that would be the best name ever! We should start a restaurant!

    ReplyDelete