Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Songwriters at Heart

So last night, Tyler and I spent the evening trying our hand at songwriting. I had my guitar out (in D tuning, for those of you that care, mainly because I'm learning "The Cave" by Mumford & Sons, and that is the tuning. So in truth, it's laziness, because I don't want to re-tune my guitar). Anyways, we busted out Garageband and started jammin'. It was quite fun, especially because in the days earlier I came up with a really cool riff, and he wrote some words that could work for a verse / chorus.

We improved as we practiced during the night, and will definitely be having a session again soon, but here is the best part: I started messing around with some little riff, and Tyler rapped over it, all about squeezing big boobs and "putting it in",  and how awesome I am at guitar. It was pretty hilarious, and now it is a permanent addition to his iTunes library. I'll try to find a way to post it on here so y'all can listen, and in the meantime, stay 'tuned' for the Green / Kingdon MEGA HIT SONG! (Coming Soonish).

4 comments:

  1. I want to be there for a Jam session, also I want to come over and hear this ear candy

    ReplyDelete
  2. We shall invite you next time, most definitely.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hate to say this but you're selling out... Every rap song is about getting it in. However that's why they are popular and I think this song sounds legit and would love to hear it haha

    ReplyDelete
  4. NO DAVID I'M AUTHENTIC!!!! THERE ARE TENSIONS IN MY SONG AND EVERYTHING! hahaha

    ReplyDelete