Wednesday, January 2, 2013

I Know What I Like

As I drove up to the McDonald's drive-thru tonight, I heard the value menu speaker asking me what I wanted to eat and immediately found myself saying, "give me a second to think." While it's not uncommon to ask for more time to place an order, I always ask for the extra time even though I already knew what I want. In that time period I try to convince myself that I might try something different for once, alas I always end up with a few McDoubles and a McChicken. Maybe it's because I'm boring and cheap and I don't feel like spending any more money than I have to. Maybe it's because I'm afraid that I'll be disappointed if I choose differently (though I think everyone is somewhat disappointed for settling with McDonald's in the first place). I think it's mostly just because I know it's what I like. Though, every restaurant is the same; I've got no problem picking the same things because I know I'll enjoy them.

On a different note, a few of us saw Django Unchained tonight. It was very much a Tarantino film though I really enjoyed it, even though the ending did kind of dragged on.

On a different different note, I hope this is the first post of many on this blog. I don't want to make it a new year's resolution thing but I do hope that it lasts a good while.

No comments:

Post a Comment