Thursday, February 28, 2013

It's Like a Break-Up

For some time now, my job has been on the rocks. It's no fault of mine, I've actually been doing quite well, and I learned a lot of difficult tasks in a short period of time. However, for some reason or another, the Doctor I worked for did not like me. I'm thinking that maybe he is sexist, because ALL the other people in the office are women, as well as all of his other assistants. Well, to make a long rant shorter and to get to the point, I basically got fired on Monday. The kicker- it was via TEXT MESSAGE! I was messaging my supervisor on Sunday asking what my work schedule was for the next day, since it had been variable the last couple weeks, and she responded saying the doctor said he doesn't need my assistance any more. Ouch.

Anyways, don't worry about me, I'm not too beat up about it because I thought of leaving for something better for a month or so now, but it's still like a break up. I've spent the last couple days, since I found out, lounging around and doing nothing all day long. I've watched a bunch of movies, played a lot of video games, and just pretended every day was Saturday. I'm looking at it like a post-job grieving period, before I start hunting again and being productive. It's like when you break up with someone, how you are sad or depressed for a little while. But I rediscovered something I learned in the fall: sitting around the apartment all day is fun for a day or two, but then it gets really really boring. I'm already hating it.

I'm gonna set little goals, like going through my Rosetta Stone Espanol and applying to a lot of jobs. Maybe I'll even study for the GRE. Who knows.

2 comments:

  1. I didn't know it was over text message, not only that but a text from his assistant. What a loser man

    ReplyDelete
  2. This hits low for all of the said reasons. He obviously fired you cause he was intimidated by you

    ReplyDelete