Monday, February 18, 2013

Buckhorny

For Valentine's day, Krista and I went to a place in Winters called the Buckhorn Grill. Now, I don't know about you, but I was super surprised that there are nice places in Winters. As a matter of fact, the entire 'downtown Winters' area is very old western and puts off a cool vibe.

The great thing about the Buckhorn Grill is that it's a steakhouse, but there is only one drawback: it is expensive! I'm talking $30 for a steak dinner expensive. But, since it was Valentine's day, I didn't mind spending a little extra cashola for the occasion.  Their menu had a couple interesting items on it, most notably: ELK! That's right, you could order an elk steak for dinner. I was tempted, but then I got all self-righteous and didn't want to perpetuate the killing of elk. Go me.

1 comment:

  1. I always wanted to try ostrich, buffalo or something but I imagine It'd be more expensive and I'd probably be perfectly satisfied with beef anyways

    ReplyDelete