Sunday, February 10, 2013

Perfect Timing

I went out to the bars with some friends last night after a delicious potluck at Eshan's place. We hit a few different places and ended up at the bar "Our House" (which is a terrible name for a bar, but that's for another post).
Anyways, it got to be 1:00am and I was tired so I decided to walk home. I live only a few blocks away,  so it shoulda been no trouble at all. The one obstacle to cross was the train tracks and when I approached, I noticed a train was stopped on the tracks and the railroad alarm was ringing. After a couple minutes it started moving again, but was going so slow I feel like a snail could have beaten it in a race. After a couple minutes more, the train STOPPED AGAIN! This time it was stopped for 6 minutes or so, maybe more. All the while I, and a bunch of other bikers and cars, waited to cross. I seriously contemplated hopping over the train but decided not to.

So I waited. Once the train finally began screeching along, it went on forever! Seriously, there had to be a hundred cars or so because it was chugging along for at least ten minutes. After forever of waiting in the cold, the gates finally opened and floods of people and vehicles were able to cross the tracks. It was almost 1:30 am at this point. Good thing I left the bar early... not!

1 comment:

  1. This reminds me of a story when Tyler got lost walking home from downtown, walking near the traintracks and somehow managed to lose his shoes in the process. Still baffles me

    ReplyDelete